Ego Self, or Local Self our Human Nature
Ego = Personality = Thought, Emotion and Physical levels.
The personality is also called the Egoic Self. There are many sub personalities within the ego self – fear, anxiety, jealousy, possessiveness, lack of self worth etc.
The Ego is not destroyed it is TRANSCENDED.
“Find me somebody who has detached his emotional and psychological ego from the real Self, without having to deny the place it plays in the scheme of things and without slaying any part of himself because the transcendence is there….a direct pathway to the Soul.” ~ Ernest Holmes
There is nothing wrong with ‘ego’ itself if we definite it as ‘personality’. Having a personality is fine and makes for some interesting characters and choices in life. It is not bad either, but patterns of reactivity (habits) have become ingrained over many incarnations because it (the ego personality) suffers from the illusion that it is separate from the Source of our Being.
Problems arise if we only operate from our ego alone as our personalities are unreliable and our ego is not all that we are.
We are body, mind, spirit, soul, emotions as well.
Walk in Peace;
Walk in Beauty.
Have you got a burning question that you just can’t seem to find the answer to? It could be a simple question, such as: ‘Should I go on holiday with this hunky guy I only just met?’ Never an easy one, when it’s all expenses paid! Or, should I accept this job offer or that one?
Divination can help. Complete the following exercise, using a pad and pen, to find the answer. The whole exercise should take about 20 minutes.
1. Go for a relaxing walk outside. (If you are self conscious, you can do this exercise in your living-room, but a walk is more fun). During the walk, find a place of balance and stand on the dividing line. For example, where a pavement meets a road or where sunlight creates a shadow.
2. Close your eyes and state your intention, i.e. ‘My intention is to answer my question.’ Be clear with your intent as you state it, then ask your question: ‘My question is…’ Then, turn 360 degrees and stop. Open your eyes and write down one thing that catches your eye. This could be anything, a red sign, a tree, a bird etc.
3. Continue your walk until you find another place of balance and repeat the exercise in point 2.
4. Repeat again, for a total of 3 times. Make sure each time to state your intention and your question, and to stop at a different place.
5. Write a one paragraph story that includes the three objects that you noticed. Relate the story to your question, and like magic, you have your answer. Not sure how? Here’s how it works.
Using the above example, let’s say your 3 objects were: A plane, the colour red, and trees.
Your story could go: One beautiful day I was walking along when all of a sudden a PLANE crashed in front of me and ploughed into the TREES and burst into a RED ball of flames.
How does this relate to the question: Should I go on holiday with this hunk? Try and have a think.
Spirit Bear says that it doesn’t mean that the plane you catch together will crash and you both die, just that the holiday romance probably will crash and end in disaster.
We all know the answers to our questions at a deeper unconscious level, and this exercise simply allows the unconscious to direct our story, informing our conscious mind of the answer, which seemingly appears to us ‘as if’ it were magic. And you thought you chose the objects and wrote the story!
When we don’t listen to the answers and do what we want to do what ever, that is when our ego (personality) interferes with our core-self. This is when problems arise in our lives and we wonder why it always happens to us.
Have fun and enjoy the walk and just go with the flow.
Til we meet again.
Walk in Peace;
Walk in Beauty.
What people have said who have tried this:
The answers lie inside me!
“(Above Exercise) It reminded me that the answers lie inside me, as do the tools to get to them, I just need to make myself stand still for long enough for them to come to the surface.”
It was just right for me!
“I used Johnathan’s exercise to address a long-standing question and found a straightforward, comforting and gentle answer came to me, based on my deep core identity! Right at that moment in time, it was just right for me!”
~ Georgina, Counsellor and Psychotherapist ~ South Wales.